- ADMIN-9110 - EXEC
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Janus provides individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate and contribute within the community.
Immediate Supervisor: President-CEO
Work Schedule: Exempt Status-Monday-Friday 8:00a.m-4:00p.m. (excludes lunch break)
Overall Responsibilities: Responsible for the administration of the financial affairs of the agency, ensure compliance in coordination with generally accepted accounting principals, supervise Accounting Staff, serve as a member of the Senior Management team that requires the highest level of decision making responsibilities and confidentiality.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelors Degree and at least three (3) years working experience in Accounting. Must have strong working knowledge of finances, Valid Indiana Driver's License subject to random drug testing.
Skills/Abilities: Must have the ability to foster teamwork within the organization and exhibit collaborative interpersonal skills, a high degree of mathematical and analytical skills and abilities, knowledge of financial statements and budget preparation, possess a high level of leadership and supervisory skills, the abiity to handle multiple tasks and timelines, possess excelent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality, ability to maintain accountabiity and to work independently with a high degree of dependability and integrity with ethical standards.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide supervision to Accounting Staff by ensuring compliance with agency policy and procedures.
2. Maintain all financial records of the agency and its programs in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles & prepare for annual audits.
3. Prepare and submit all monthly and year-to-date financial statements to the President/CEO by the Monday morning prior to each Board or Finance Committee meeting.
4. Responsible for filing of state and federal informational and tax returns, and timely payment of food and beverage, sales, and unrelated business income taxes.
5. Provide financial information for transportation grant applications; prepare and submit quarterly and annual INDOT, IndyGo, and/or NTD reports on a timely basis.
6. Assist the President/CEO in completing the annual budget proposal.
7. Ensure proper documentation and timely payment of all accounts payable.
8. Maintain additions and disposals of fisxed assets, and record monthly depreciation.
9. Monitor all accounts receivable.
10. Record and/or approve any necessary journal entries.
11. Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
12. Provide additional financial information as requested.
13. Responsible for interviewing and selecting applicants for vacant positions in Accounting department and Senior Management
14. Comply with all agency policies and procedures.
15. Accept other duties as assigned by the President/CEO of Janus consistent with the agency mission and goals.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts