Bus Maintenance Technician
- TRANSP (Transportation) - HCE - 8250
- IN, USA
- Part Time
Overall Responsibilities: General upkeep of all agency vehicles to be in compliance with INDOT standards. Ability to respond to road calls.
Minimum Requirements: 1, High school diploma or equivalent
2. Valid Indiana Driver's License
3. Subject to random drug and alcohol testing
Skills/Abilities: Must have the ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks
Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must possess the ability to maintain accountability and to work independently
Must have a high degree of dependability, organizational skills, and display high level of integrity and ethical standards
Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills
Must have the ability to foster teamwork within the organization
Must have the ability to follow instructions
Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment
Primary Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
Responsible for completing preventative maintenance and repairs on all agency vehicles to insure compliance with INDOT standards
- Able to learn to troubleshoot and install bus cameras.
- Able to use all tire equipment
- Attend workshops, in-service training, and meetings as assigned.
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager of Janus consistent with the agency mission and goals
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk frequently
- Must be able to climb or balance
- Must be free from fainting spells, blackouts, dizziness, or seizures
- Must have the ability to be exposed to dust, gas, and/or fumes and chemical compounds and solutions
- The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.