Program Instructor: Work Experience
- DAYSRVCS - WORKEXP- 2715
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Program Instructor -
Work Experience Program
Janus provides individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate and contribute within the community.
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Day Services
Work Schedule: Hourly Status: Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M - 4:00 P.M. (excludes lunch break)
Overall Responsibilities: Facilitate positive work experience centered on individual goals, building confidence, job readiness skills.
- Requirements include having one of the following:
- a high school diploma with 1-2 years Direct Support Professional (DSP) experience
- an Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- Valid Public Passenger Chauffeur License
- First Aid and CPR certification
Skills/Abilities: Must have basic math skills
Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks
Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Must possess the ability to maintain accountability and to work independently
Must demonstrate dependability, organizational skills, integrity, and strong ethical standards
Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment
Must have the ability to follow instructions
Must have the ability to foster teamwork within the organization
Primary Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate program activities to meet work deadlines, quality standards, and goals of individuals in the program.
- Create activity plans for periods of downtime.
- Ensure program participants begin activities on time and maintain proper lunch and break times.
- Track and report progress on program participant goals.
- Complete assessments and rewrite goals as necessary.
- Complete and maintain daily documentation such as;
a. Daily Attendance forms
b. Medication Monitoring and administration
c. Group Logs
d. Participant Daily Attendance Records
e. Production Worksheets
f. Goal Tracking Sheets
g. Progress Notes
7. Counsel program participants on positive and appropriate behavior.
8. Provide personal care to individuals in the program as needed including, but not limited to lunch and break setup, medication administration, and restroom assistance.
9. Report and complete appropriate forms on all accommodations, accidents, incidents, injuries, seizures, and behaviors as required.
10. Ensure cleanliness, organization, and safety in work areas.
- Serve as a backup in other programs as needed.
- Attend and participate in workshops, in-service trainings, conferences, and meetings as assigned.
- Comply with all agency policies, procedures, CARF accreditation standards, and BQIS compliance indicators.
- Document all received training on the appropriate form and submit it to the Immediate Supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Arrive on time and ready to work as scehduled and depart from work on time as scheduled.
- Accept other duties as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor, consistent with the agency mission, strategic plan, and goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to assist program participants with required accommodations and adaptive devices.
- Physical ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Free from fainting spells, blackouts, dizziness, or seizures.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts