Program Instructor: Doorways
- - DAYSRVCS
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Program Instructor -
Janus provides individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate and contribute within the community.
Immediate Supervisor: Doorways Manager
Work Schedule: Hourly Status: Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M - 4:00 P.M. (excludes lunch break)
Overall Responsibilities: Facilitate activities centered on individual goals, building confidence, and self-advocacy skills.
- Requirements include having one of the following:
- a high school diploma with Direct Support Professional (DSP) experience
- an Associate's or Bachelor's degree
- Valid Public Passenger Chauffeur License
- First Aid and CPR certification
Skills/Abilities: Must have basic math skills
Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks
Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Must possess the ability to maintain accountability and to work independently
Must demonstrate dependability, organizational skills, integrity, and strong ethical standards
Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment
Must have the ability to follow instructions
Must have the ability to foster teamwork within the organization
Primary Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate program activities to the interests and goals of individuals in the program.
- Create facility and community based activity plans for small groups.
- Ensure program participants begin activities on time and maintain proper lunch and break times.
- Track and report progress on program participant goals.
- Complete and maintain daily documentation such as;
- Medication monitoring and administration
- Group logs
- Participant Daily Attendance Records
- Goal tracking sheets
- Progress Notes
- Counsel program participants on positive and appropriate behavior.
- Provide personal care to individuals in the program as needed including, but not limited to lunch and break setup, medication administration, and restroom assistance.
- Report and complete appropriate forms on all accommodations, accidents, incidents, injuries, seizures, and behaviors as required.
- Ensure cleanliness, organization, and safety in work areas.
- Arrive on time and ready to work as scheduled and depart from work on time as scheduled.
- Complete assessments and rewrite consumer goals as needed.
- Serve as a backup in other programs as needed.
- Attend and participate in workshops, in-service trainings, conferences, and meetings as assigned.
- Comply with all agency policies, procedures, CARF accreditation standards, and BQIS compliance indicators.
- Document all received training on the appropriate form and submit it to the Immediate Supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Accept other duties as assigned by the Immediate Supervisor, consistent with the agency mission, strategic plan, and goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to assist program participants with required accommodations and adaptive devices.
- Physical ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Free from fainting spells, blackouts, dizziness, or seizures.