Community Services Manager
- - COEMP- 2000
- IN, USA
- Full Time
COMMUNITY SERVICES MANAGER
Janus provides individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate and contribute within the community.
Immediate Supervisor: VP of Client Services
Work Schedule: Exempt Status-Monday-Friday 8:00a.m-4:00p.m. (excludes lunch break)
Overall Responsibilities: Meet the community employment/placement needs of agency consumers through the development of competitive community employment and the direction of the Community Employment Program as well as provide supervision to Employment Specialists and Job Coaches. Also manages the PAC and Respite programs.
Minimum Requirements: Baccalaureate degree in job development and/or related degree in behavioral science or equivalent experience. Minimum of three (3) years working experience in related field, with Vocational Rehabilitation Services experience preferred. Valid For Hire Endorsement or the ability to obtain one, First Aid and CPR certification, subject to random drug testing.
BIN Certification preferred but not required.
Ticket to Work Experience preferred but not required.
Skills/Abilities: Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Must possess a high level of interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Must possess the ability to maintain accountability and to work independently.
Must have a high degree of dependability, organizational skills, and display high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Must have leadership ability and the ability to foster teamwork within the organization.
Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment.
Must possess a high degree of customer service skills.
Must have the ability to follow instructions.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Oversee all new consumer referrals, as required by Vocational Rehabilitation Service for the State of Indiana:
2. Oversee all Vocational Rehabilitation Services billing, as required by Vocational Rehabilitation Services for the State of Indiana.
3. Oversee benefits planning with eligible consumers, referred by Vocational Rehabilitation Services for the State of Indiana, if applicable* (BIN Certification required or the ability to obtain)
4. Ensure successful transition to Extended Services for all eligible Consumers
5. Direct activities and provide supervision to Employment Specialist/Job Coach staff by ensuring compliance with agency policy and procedures as well as Department's Programs
6. Create, monitor and report on the critical key performance indicators that measure the performance of the Community Employment program against agreed upon standards
7. Responsible for interviewing and selecting applicants for vacant positions in department according to Pre-Employment Procedures checklist (ADM 151)
8. Serve as backup for Employment Specialists by assisting with consumers; job interviews, consumers' job training and consumers' monthly follow along support when needed
9. Review curriculums and program evaluation in Vocational Rehabilitation Programs and take appropriate action to assure that goals and objectives are being attained and professional standards are met
10. Keep all forms current per Vocational Rehabilitation Services for the State of Indiana
11. Submit reports to appropriate people according to Vocational Rehabilitation Program schedule in a timely fashion
12. Assist in the preparation of program budget for submission to the President-CEO
13. Maintain budget goals within budget parameters as applied to the department
14. Responsible for documenting all received training on appropriate form and submitting to Human Resources on a monthly basis
15. Arrive on time, ready to work, as scheduled and depart from work on time, as scheduled
16. Attend workshops, in-service training, conferences and meetings as assigned
17. Comply with all agency policies and procedures
18. Responsible for attending the agency's strategic planning process and meeting goals of the agency's strategic plan as applied to the Vocational Rehabilitation Department
19. Accepts other duties as assigned by the President and CEO of Janus consistent with the agency mission and goal
Sitting in a normal position for extended periods of time
Hand-eye coordination necessary in order to operate computers and various office equipment
Ability of lifting and moving packages weighing up to 25 lbs
Must be free from fainting spells, blackouts, dizziness, or seizures
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.