Driver: HCE - Fulltime and Part Time starting at $17
- TRANSP (Transportation) - HCE - 8250
- IN, USA
- Full Time
HAMILTON COUNTY EXPRESS DRIVER
Janus provides individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate and contribute within the community.
Immediate Supervisor: Transportation Manager
Work Schedule: Hourly Status- schedule varies per Transportation Manager
Overall Responsibilities: Responsible for the safe and courteous provision of transportation services to individuals of the Hamilton County Express Transportation System.
Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent and PPC (Public Passenger Chauffer's) License or ability to get this licensure prior to start.
Skills/Abilities: Must possess a high degree of customer service skills
Must have basic math skills
Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks
Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
Must possess the ability to maintain accountability and to work independently
Must have a high degree of dependability, organizational skills, and display high level of integrity and ethical standards
Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment
Must have the ability to follow instructions
Must have the ability to foster teamwork within the organization.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for completing all paperwork as required, on a daily basis, including:
a) Daily Vehicle Inspection Checklist/checkpoint for wheelchair lift
- Responsible for reporting any vehicle maintenance needs to the Transportation Manager
- Report any accidents to the Transportation Manager and/or the Vice President of Operations immediately
- Continually inventory vehicle equipment and report needs to the Transportation Manager
- Responsible for cleaning exterior of vehicle; weather permitting, as needed
- Responsible for cleaning interior of vehicle on a weekly basis including:
- Vacuum entire vehicle including wheelchair brackets;
- Mop and dry;
- Clean windows;
- Empty trash;
- Disinfect arms rests, seats, handrails, dashboard, instrument panel, etc.
6. Responsible for documenting all received training on appropriate form and submit to Human Resources on a monthly basis
7. Arrive on time, ready to work, as scheduled and depart from work on time, as scheduled
8. Attend workshops, in-service training, conferences and meetings as assigned
9. Comply with all agency policies and procedures
- Responsible for attending the agency's strategic planning process and meeting goals of the agency's strategic plan as applied to the Department
- Accepts other duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager of Janus consistent with the agency mission and goals
- Must have the ability to hear normally with aid of corrective devices (i.e.: hearing aid)
- Must have the ability to see normally with the aid of corrective devices such as glasses
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be free from fainting spells, blackouts, dizziness, or seizures
- Must have the ability to be exposed to dust, gas, and/or fumes
- The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY - It is Janus's policy that, as required by law, equal employment opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or any other category protected under state or local law. This policy applies to employees and applicants and to all phases of employment including hiring, promotion, demotion, and treatment during employment, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and termination of employment.